Friday, March 02, 2007

Ah, the sounds of Spring

Last night, just at dusk as I was sitting down to begin watching the news I could hear a noise outside. I opened the back door, and it was as if every bug, frog and what ever else outside in the wetland that is capable of sound had decided that winter was over and was celebrating. I could not believe the racket! The darker it got, the louder they were and you could hear them from the kitchen through the closed doors and windows. Of course, Eric and Silly are cosponsoring a "It is getting warm" party themselves, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Zack and Maddie came for lunch as Becky took Jake for a weigh in, and he had gained 3 oz since Monday. So all is well in the eating and gaining weight department. The kids agreed we could have Jake over, but he couldn't stay. So they are being a bit less possessive, but are still quite adamant that he is theirs.

Tomorrow is the Sewing Guild at Meadow Farm . We are beginning the rag dolls we prepare for the craft activity for Sheep to Shawl. In the afternoon I am going to go to The Cultural Arts Center of Glen Allen for their spring Arts Celebration and will take Zack and Maddie with me to see the puppet shows and other activities planned. Several of my Clothos friends (the weavers) will be there for a weaving demonstration.

We are supposed to have a total eclipse 5:44 pm of the moon tomorrow night! Cool.


This is a great cartoon, once again Silly kitten has been sending material to Rose is Rose, it's just too bad she doesn't get paid better for her work. Click to see a better view.

No comments: