Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pickles Scores Again!



A week ago Monday, before Easter was Bunco. I've been playing with this group for over a year now, and won once before, way back at the beginning, second prize. This month, I won first place! $30.00 to ad to my "mad money" which is basically used to fuel my bad habits, knitting, and buying gifts for small children. Anyhow, April must be my lucky month, because this morning I got an email from a knit blogger in England named Julie. I had entered a contest she had on her blog and won 2 books and some KnitPicks yarn that will be perfect for socks. So, I am a happy camper!

Today Eric is working on making two blocks for the loom I am preparing for a class in June. I purchased an additional heddle for this loom in order to be able to weave finer fabric. The blocks on the existing heddle are too small, so rather than sand them and spoil them forever he'll make me a set that will replace the originals when I switch heddles. This way, should I want to do a looser weave, I just change the blocks. I am sure that is clear as greek, but believe me, it is going to work nicely. It would be nice if he had a band saw, it would make this all easier, but he doesn't, so in spite of a few problems, he should have a pair soon.

No comments: