Saturday, February 26, 2005

Saturday, 2 AM!

Happy Birthday to Skyler, today she is one! I wish I could be there to join the festivities in Houston and give her a big hug and kiss. I know her mom and dad are sure proud of her, she is a blessing for them! Happy Birthday Skyer, your grandma in Virginia loves you!

I am wide awake, yes I am writing this at 2 a.m! I guess it comes from all the stimulation I got today being at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Show here in downtown Hampton! I couldn't ask for a better location because it couldn’t be more convenient. The show actually opened on Thursday, but since our weather was beyond yucky that day, I stayed home. Friday was dreary, and great for being indoors, as it was cold and dark outside. Inside was the usual riot of colors and textures, enough to make anyone stay awake!

The Coliseum here in Hampton was a great place for this show which was previously held in Williamsburg. Everything was under one roof here (compared to 4 different hotels last year in Williamsburg) and so it seems to made more sense to move it here. The booths seemed roomier and the aisles were wide enough that you were not scrunched up trying to move around. Of course it is not nearly as large a show as Houston, but I think they do a good job and there is a good turnout of vendors.

Tomorrow I'll post a few pictures of some of the great quilts I saw. Several were really incredible, the amount of work in them leaves me tired just thinking about them.

Oh yes, the appointment for the lot selection has been put off again .... seems the entire main office of Eagle Construction has been hit with the flu. I knew it was too good to be true!

No comments: