Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Brrrrr

If spring is out there, it isn't anywhere near Virginia. The only clue that it is mid April here today was the mother duck walking down the side deck on our boat looking for a place to lay her eggs. She and daddy duck went next door and checked the next boat and the one two away from us before another mallard came and drove them away. Hopefully they will nest nearby, but not on our boat! Silly came awake from a sound sleep the minute momma duck set her little webbed foot on the deck though, nice to have such a good duck warning alert system.
I finished my fun project for the week. You can see it here It's complete all except for a tie closure and toggle, which I don't have. If I had all my stuff, I'd have one, but alas, the needed items are in Richmond. I'm not sure it really needs to be tied shut, I'll give it a trial run at Yoga tomorrow night and we'll see. It should be easier to get on and off the boat now with the matt slung over my shoulder.

No comments: