Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Middle of the Week

Wednesday and the day has gone by quickly, with not much to show for it. We have had a damp, drizzly day, no sun, just gray clouds. Tomorrow we are due the sun again, and even though we have had lots of sun lately, it will be good to see it again. I am going to go to the Hospital tomorrow to get my blood work done, as it just didn't seem like the kind of day to be out. I spent the day reading, working on blogs and just puttering around. Eric set up his trains in the dining room and has run them this afternoon to get them warmed up again. He still has some engines that have never run, so he'll be working with them for the next few days.

Yesterday we were able to con some of the sod installers into giving us 3 rolls of sod to fill in some of the cracks in the yard. We really need a load of topsoil to spread, but that won't happen. We were happy to get the sod. A few weeks ago someone came and did spread some soil and seed, but I think the turf will address the issue better. Once the yard has mowers and people walking on it more I am sure it will even out more. In the meantime, we have done what we could. I also found out that the shrubs at the back of the lot are wax myrtles, no blooms, no edible berries (birdwise) and seemingly good only to hold soil and make a hedge. I told Eric I think we need to move what they put in further back in the bed, closer to the back of the lot, so we can plant things we might like in front of the wax myrtles, as the further back in the bed they will be, the less their height will block our view. We'll see if we can do in (there are 8 of them) without drawing a crowd.

The furniture is coming on Friday, which will be welcome. That will complete the order and we'll be able to clear the calendar for them. It has seemed long and drawn out, but the last piece seemed to be giving them fits, and they finally reordered it, rather than have the damage repaired (broken glass). So, we'll see what shape it is in when it gets here.

I too finished my Olympic Knitting yesterday, and today I have just spent time putting things back in order and trying to see what patterns I have on hand that might work with what yarn I have. It seems there is always something new someone online is making that catches my eye, and then my brain has a hard time remembering where I saw such and such.

Tom is coming home from work early tonight, so we will not have the kids. Seems strange to not be planning for them. Eric is working on a meatloaf, so it will be a surprise. He adds things I never think of, so it will be nice to have something different for a change. I may try some oven fries or something else that can cook at the same time as long as we will have the oven up and running.

I added a button over in the sidebar for Brian and Christine and Michelles new blog that will focus on their move to Texas. I also added it in Mom and Dads sidebar, so they have a direct link. Time for them ( and Mike - hint hint ) to post again, don't you all think so?

No comments: