Saturday, May 27, 2006

Afternoon Tea

This afternoon Rebecca treated me for my birthday to Afternoon Tea at the Jefferson Hotel. Built in 1895, it is a Richmond Landmark. We ate right under the watchful eye of Thomas Jefferson in the Rotunda, which is covered by a beautiful round stained glass window. Eleven Presidents have stayed there - and Sergie Rachmaninoff played in The Grand Ballroom! If I had known I was going there, I would have checked the Hotel out online and known what to look for - beyond the wonderful lobby and statue of Thomas Jefferson in the Rotunda. We enjoyed ourselves and the food was delicious. We had tea (The Richmond Blend - taken from a Colonial Williamsburg recipe, this spicy tea is a blend of black tea, cinnamon oil, orange peel and cloves) and an assortment of sandwiches, scones, pastries and chocolate. A wonderful time at a special place!

No comments: