Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas - six days away

It’s been a good weekend, I’ve had phone time with all my family, Mom and Dad, brother Mike, and both children .... Russell and Rebecca.
I’ve discovered my brother has a Blog, so maybe I best get serious about my own. See I am working on it!!! Not wanting to be outdone, and maybe, just maybe I can get pictures posted too.

I finished a baby sweater and hat this weekend, it was reported to be a 5 hour sweater, it took me the better part of 4 days! Of that time I ripped back and started over twice, and also had to research the edging on the hat and figure out how to do something new. So it was a good experience and I think my Yoga teacher who will be a grandma next month will like it. Picture to follow in a few days. It was a lot easier than the sweater posted here I did for Maddie though. Next will be one for Skyler. And Eric needs another pair of wool socks .... I have converted him!

The Tidewater area is expecting big weather the next two days, We are forecast to get 35 knot winds, and maybe .... 3 inches of the white fluffy stuff. Rebecca reported tonight that it is already snowing in Richmond. Much to Zachary’s delight. I wonder how she got him to to sleep? He is hot to make a snowman and play in the snow. I’ll be happy with none thank you, as it is we are going to be in the twenties with wind chills in the teens. Coldest weather here since Feb. 2003. Nothing like making the last winter on the boat memorable. We may soon be on auxiliary heaters if the water temperatures continue to fall.

I’ve been working on a Christmas riddle of sorts .... It was given to me at a party this past week. The majority of these I was able to crack by myself. About a half dozen I had to resort to an internet site of Christmas lyrics to figure them out. There are two I could not get at all. So here they are to give you something to do it you need a brain tease. Let me know is you get stumped. Mike you should do good on this!

How many of the following songs can you identify by the first letters of the first line of their lyrics?

HYAMLC
TFNTADS
GRYMGLNYD
ICUAMC
SNHNAICAIB
OTFDOCMTLGTM
DTHWBOHFLLLLLLLL
JTTWTLHC
YKDADAPAVCACADAB
ISMKSCUTMLN
CSBSDIHS
HTHASGTTNK
GGROBAR
OHNTSABS
AIWFCIMTFT
DTTSIAOHOS
WTKOOA
IDOAWCJLLOIUTK
CROANOJFNAYN
IBTLALC
OLTOBHSWSTL
SBRAYLITHSIG
IBHFC
WWYAMCWWYAMC
IHTBOCD
FTSWAJHS
JOSNLYETW
GKWLDOTFOS
UOTHRPOJGOSC
JBJBJBR
IHABCWY
JHTSBJRTTT
CTTMRPPP
WUNWTAGC
YBWOYBNC

The cat us snuggling up to my legs, she thinks it is time for bed. Eric is nodding off. Time for me to get this emailed off to the blog site, and then check and get the URL to send to all of you so you can read about my exciting life!!

I hope everyone is ready for Christmas and have their stocking hung by the chimney with care!

No comments: